Thursday, May 17, 2012

My New iPhone 3GS - Welcome to 2009!

I've always been a latent technology adopter.  This is evident when coming in my house and looking at my new VCR, my new project screen television, and my new MP3 disc player.

My daughter dropped her cellphone last week - a Samsung Flight.  The keyboard still works, but the screen is dead.  She asked if she could get a new phone.  I had a better idea - I'll get a new phone and she can have my old cellphone.  She wasn't too keen on the idea and even sassed a little bit about how it wasn't fair.  But I reminded her that (to paraphrase the cliche), '12 year olds can't be choosers'.

We shopped a little bit and it seems that nearly all of the phones are now data plan phones.  I refuse to call them smart phones, because they're not smart.  They're just programmed to do what they do.  And I wasn't thrilled with having to pay $100 for a new phone.  The free upgrade phones were all crap.

We went to my in-law's for Mother's Day and I was discussing our phone situation with my brother-in-law and he offered my his old iPhone 3GS.  Sure, it's three years old and the screen is slightly goopy.  The rubberized cover is faded on the corners and torn.  But you know what?  Cheapskates can't be choosers.  I'm very grateful for to him for letting me have his phone.  Thank you!

I called AT&T and added the required data plan.  There was no activation fee since it is not a new phone.  Now I have my own iPhone!  Yay, me!

Still trying to figure it out and I'm still transferring my contacts from the old phone.  I thought the SIM card contained your contacts.  Apparently not?  I told you I'm not a tech gadget kind of guy.  I can replace the master cylinder on the corrugator at work and reprogram the XML output.  But I have no idea what my cellphone can do.  And I don't really care that much.

How do you like your phone?




1 comment:

トリー バーチ(tory burch) said...

MARC JACOBS(マークジェイコブス)は世界のセレブ達に愛用されたブランドです。もちろん、iphone ケース marc Jacobsも多くの人々より支持を得っています。ポップなカラーリングとカジュアルなデザインが特徴的。なんといっても、人気のApple iPhone 4 iPhone4s用の可愛いDisney図案ディズニー iphoneケースです。周りの方に格好良く見せるため、ぜひ高級感がある、デザインが良い高級なディズニーまたはMARC BY MARC JACOBSをご利用しましょう。

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites