Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Happy Work Anniversary!

Yesterday was my 15th anniversary for working at American Amalgamated Corrugated Conglomerates of America.  15 Years!  My accomplishment was recognized with a timely email stating:

Thank you for 15 years of completing your assigned tasks in an appropriate and timely manner.

I think I may print that one out and hang it in my prison cell.  Another coworker who started the same day as me did not get a congratulatory email, so I shared mine with him.

I got to thinking.  I've reported to 17 different supervisors in 15 years.  I've sat in 14 different seats.  It's probably time for me to move seats again, but not time for a new supervisor.

In 15 years, all of my children were born, I bought a house, 3 of my 4 nephews and nieces were born.  I've had only 2 cars, my wife has had 3.  I've lost most of my hair, gained weight, lost weight.  Paris Glendening was the Governor of Maryland when I started working there.  Bill Clinton was President.  Jessica Simpson was 16  years old and the Orioles had 2 more winning seasons to go before their sub-.500 streak.

The Ravens were a year old.  The Maryland Terps basketball roster included Sarunus Jasikevicius, Laron Profit, Obinna Ekezie, Rodney Elliott, Matt Hahn, Matt Kovarik, Terrence Morris, Mike Mardesich, and Terrell Stokes.

Titanic won best picture, over As Good As It Gets, The Full Monty, Good Will Hunting, and L.A. Confidential - all movies that are now on TCM.

Many of my coworkers were in college or high school.  A couple were even in middle school.  My computer had Word Perfect, Lotus 1-2-3, and GroupWise email.

Wow.  Where has the time gone?

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites