Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Memorial Day

I hope everyone takes a moment this weekend to consider what Memorial Day is really about.  It is not about grilling burgers and hot dogs.  It's not about drinking beer.  It's not about going to the beach.  It's not about the unofficial beginning of summer.

Memorial Day is a time to remember our fallen soldiers.  Remember those who have died.

I got really irritated this weekend when I heard a commercial on Jack FM 102.7.  The "DJ" said, "I hope this is a weekend you won't remember."  This is totally implying that you get drunk and have a good time.  But I guess this blasphemous behavior is what we should expect from the self-centered alcoholic 20-something F-you generation.


No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites