Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Potential Carrolltown Miracle? - Sears Closing Many K-Mart's


Yesterday the Sears Holding Company, owner of K-Mart, announced that they are closing between 100 and 120 Sears and K-Mart's across the country. I have an excellent candidate for one of stores that should close - the K-Mart in Eldersburg!

I posted the article on Facebook and it generated quite a lot of conversation:


1) If they close the K-Mart in Eldersburg, then Black Oak Associates has no excuse to not demolish that mall and rebuild it with something sensible for the area (of Eldersburg, not Randallstown).

2) They should also close the K-Mart on Moravia Road for civic security concerns.

I'll have to admit that growing up in Rosedale we could get to the Moravia K-Mart in about 10 minutes or the Fullerton K-Mart in 15 minutes. One had metal detectors and street thugs and was run-down and more expensive. The other was suburban, nicely lit, lower prices, and nice little ladies shopped there. Guess which one my mother made us go to?

3) Blockbuster and Peebles are closing, so K-Mart should be next. (Is Blockbuster really closing?)

4) Where am I going to get my MacGregor shows and Athletex sweatpants now??

5) We need more jobs, so they should build 2 more K-Mart's in Eldersburg.

So as you can see, there was a wide variety of feedback, though I think the pro-K-Mart comments were all tongue-in-cheek.

Black Oak - what are you going to do with this K-Mart?


No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites