Friday, February 19, 2010

100.7 The Bay - New Light Music???

For the past several years 100.7 has advertised itself as Classic Rock. That is my kind of station. I listed to 100.7 back in high school when they were known as 100.7 GRX. Up until recently they've specialized in Van Halen, ACDC, Led Zepplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and other related "classic rock" bands.

However, I have noticed over the past couple of weeks that they are morphing into 100.7 The Weenie. What the hell is up with that? They are currently playing Chicago's Saturday In the Park. Oh, how romantic! Yesterday there seemed to be a deluge of Hall and Oates.

Uh - message to producers of classic rock radio stations - Chicago and Hall & Oates are not classic rock. They are classic weenie adult contemporary. They belong on Lite 101.9. If they keep it up they'll be playing Barry Manilow and John Sakata soon. Then where will I get my music? I guess it's back to my iPod.

1 comment:

Eludius said...

As a follow-up to one of my reader's: I don't dislike the 2 groups (Hall & Oates and Chicago), but I equate it to playing Metallica on NPR. I listen to both, but you should only air what you advertise. But you have to admit that H&O and Chicago are more about sharing your feelings and love and stuff like that. Those are not defining characteristics of classic rock.

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites