Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sheryl Crow

Tonight is the big Sheryl Crow concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion. I am very excited. Not only will I be with my beautiful wife, but I'll also be gazing at the beautiful Ms. Crow. Fortunately, I think the restraining order has expired.

I want to bring a camera, but am not sure which one to bring. The website says that no-professional cameras with removable lenses can be brought into the pavilion, but point-and-shoots are fine. Now, I have seen some of the pictures produced by point-and-shoots and even that damn Apple iPhone. Those are really nice pictures! So what is the difference between me using my Nikon D40x with a 18-55 lens while some pimple-ass punk who knows nothing about Sheryl Crow is sitting there snapping away on his Canon 12X 8.0 Megapixel PowerShot S5 IS? his pictures are as good, if not better than mine!

So it looks like I'll be there with my 5 year old Kodak DX3900 3.1 Megapixel 2x zoom point (as seen below) and shoot. Perhaps I should look into getting the high-end point and shoot. But then, I will have already missed the Van Halen and Sheryl Crow concerts, and I don't plan on going to any more concerts this year. (Though I would love to see ZZ Top at Aberdeen Proving Ground!)


Anyway, to top off the digital SLR topic, I broke my kit lens on Sunday. At least someone broke it. It was probably my wife. The rotating adjuster felt tight and then would loosen as I turned it. Then something snapped and I heard the clattering of plastic inside the lens. I removed the lens from the base and I see this:


I contacted my brother-in-law's mother who's an avid photographer and she said it's now a pretty paper weight. I took it to Penn Camera in Pikesville and they said the same thing. So I looked at a Tamron 18-200 for about $300. Not sure if the wife will go for that. Especially since the replacement kit lens is only $125. But why replace a kit lens with a kit lens? Isn't it time to upgrade? I've already had the camera for like 2 months. I'm a semi-pro already.

1 comment:

mdduckman said...

I thought you had a Nikkon D40i?

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites