Friday, January 11, 2008

Why Does Netflix Hate Me?

I have subsribed to Netflix for over 2 years now. I subsribe to the 1 movie at a time deal for $8.99 per month. Normally, I watch 2 movies a week. There's nothing in their contract that says you cannot do that. It does, however, say that those who quickly return movies will be lower in the preferences for new releases. I can understand that.

Normally, for example, if I get a movie on Monday, I watch it Monday night, return it in the mail on Tuesday. Netflix gets it on Wednesday. I live near Baltimore and the closest center is in Gaithersburg, which is about 30-45 minutes away. If Netflix gets my movie on Wednesday, they put the next movie in the mail on that day. I get it on Thursday. I watch it on Thursday night and drop it in the mail on Friday. Then the cycle repeats itself. If Netflix doesn't want to send me new releases, that's fine, but at least send me something.

Lately, however, Netflix is abusing my account. I dropped a movie in the mail on December 31st. Tueday was a holiday, so no mail. Wednesday - they said they didn't get it. Thursday - they said they didn't get it. Friday, finally they say the got it. I receive the movie on Saturday and watch it on Sunday. I drop it in the mail on Monday morning. Tuesday - they say they didn't get it. Wednesday - they say they didn't get it. Thursday - we got it, but we'll send your next movie on Friday.

This is the third week in a row that they've done this to me. I'm on the verge of dropping Netflix and going to Blockbuster. At least there's a Blockbuster at the end of my street. I can hand the movie to the pimple-faced kid who doesn't give a rat's butt about his job, but at least they cannot deny that they don't have my movie yet.

And then there's the library. I was able to get Pirates of the Caribbean 3 from the library sooner than I got it from Netflix. Movies - yeah! Netflix - Boo!

1 comment:

Charm City Kim said...

They really do hate you. I don't know anyone else who gets this service from Netflix.

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites