Friday, January 18, 2008

Truck Crash Injury?

So after my accident, I went to the doctor. In fact, I went that same day. As I mentioned in a previous post, most of the employees at the doctor's office had seen the results of the crash. That office visit showed that I had no visible injuries.

So now to last weekend. My back starts to hurt. It's a bit uncomfortable, but nothing that I can't grin and bear. However, as the week went on, the pain got worse. Usually the pain got worse as the day went on. However, today the pain was there when I woke up. As the day went on, it did get worse, but since it started off bad, it just got unbearable. I took 2 Advil at work, though I would have liked 2 glasses of Drambuie . By 10 o'clock, I had had enough. I called the doctor.

The doctor took me at 11:45, which unfortunately, meant that I had to leave work early on a Friday. Boo-hoo. I arrived at the office and waited about 15 minutes. By then I had to pee really bad. After the vitals, I went to the bathroom. Mental note - remind the doctor that there's a dead skunk somewhere in that bathroom.

The doctor made me bend all over the place. He pushed on my muscles and stretched me in ways that even a woman in labor probably wouldn't have accomplished. Finally he says, "I'll need a urine sample." Um, there's one already going down the drain if you can catch it!

He gave me a glass of water and I waited 10 minutes. I finally gave him his sample and everything came back normal. He then sent me off to get an x-ray.

I arrive at the x-ray place about 1pm. After taking my information, a hoard of old people arrive. All are talking loud and asking, "What did she say???" I felt like I was jockeying for position at the Horn and Horn Buffet at 4pm. They finally call me back, do the x-rays and tell me that the doctor will get the results on Monday or Tuesday. Great! My back will love waiting!

I then rush off to Wal-Mart to fill my prescription. I don't know why I went there. There are other pharmacies in the area. I guess the pain was taking over. Now I'm jockeying in line with the other elderly who didn't get the message to go get x-rays today. Wal-Mart is interspersed with other unemployed hill-billies and random fat people. What draws fat people to Wal-Mart?

So here I am. It's 10pm. I took my medication. But I'm still in pain. It hurts to sit. It hurts to walk. It's uncomfortable to lay down. If my wife offered to jump my bones, I might have to reject her proposition. You know I must be in pain. Hopefully all will be better tomorrow.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites