Saturday, November 05, 2011

That Old Abandoned Farm House in Eldersburg

If you live in Eldersburg and work in the Baltimore suburbs, I'm sure you pass this house every day. You probably notice it more in November when the Hispanics from North Carolina move onto the property to sell Christmas trees. However, during the rest of the year, the house remains as an old abandoned wasting property.

I wasn't able to determine who owns the house. I had heard that the Patton family (of Patton Homes) owns it, but couldn't prove one way or the other. I know they developed the senior living condos near that property.

Regardless, this old farmhouse that was probably built in the late 1800's or early 1900's has not been occupied for several years. The last occupants hill-billied-it up. Lots of furniture on the porch and such. Since then, the house was boarded up, though the boards were put on the inside of the windows, which I think defeats the primary purpose of boarding up a house, which is to protect the glass in the windows.

Anyway, I think that despite this house's dilapidated and sad condition, it does make for an interesting picture. I do hope that the owners decide to restore this house. We're losing too many of the historical characteristics of this county. I'm sure our future Congressman, Chris Van Hollen, will agree. Right, Chris?



No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites