Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I Voted

I just got back from voting. Fortunately, the lines were not too long and they were organized. I was easily outnumbered by the elderly 10-1. I got in the longest line, yet it had the least amount of elderly in it. And guess what? I was registered quicker than if I had gotten in any of the other lines.

However, I must say that I an extremely concerned on 2 fronts. First, I cast my vote for Chuck Baldwin. This is what transpired:

You selected Chuck Baldwin. Did you mean Obama?
No.
Please reselect your choice for President.
Chuck Baldwin.
You selected Chuck Baldwin. Martin O'Malley endorses Obama. Would you like to change your selection?
No.
Please reselect your choice for President.
John McCain
You selected John McCain. Did you want to change that to 2 votes for Obama?

I finally got through that mess and on to the 2 referendum questions.

The first referendum question asked me if I was in favor of a change in election procedures allowing voters in Maryland to Vote Early and Vote Often, meaning they could vote outside of their district and vote on a day that wasn't the election day. This allows the Democratic machine to manipulate the vote and it is very difficult to prove. I voted against this.

The second referendum question asked me if I was in favor of slots. Again, here is what transpired:

Do you favor Question 2 allowing slots in Maryland?
No.
You selected no, meaning that you are against allowing slots in Maryland. Did you mean to vote Yes, you favor slots in Maryland?
No.
The Baltimore Sun hypocritically endorsed slots after decades of adamant opposition. Do you want to reconsider your vote to No?
No.
Your vote has been recorded as being in favor of slots because we know that is best for you.

I really think those voting machines are rigged. And to top it off, the election judge only let me vote once. Can you believe that? My civil rights to vote as often as I wanted have been violated. Leave it to the Democratic state of Maryland to suppress the Republican vote!

Finally, the other thing that concerned me (and this is for real) is that you fill out some form with all of your information including name, address, and party affiliation. This was kept in a clean plastic folder on the side of the voting machine for all to see or reach in and take. Linda Lamone fails the voters again. This time she put forth a system that violates our privacy. Way to go, Linda! We can always count on your incompetence!

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites