Friday, May 28, 2010

Even Peter Franchot is Scared

I signed up for Peter Franchot's fan club a while ago so that I could get information about what he's up to. For the most part I don't have a problem with him in his new job. When he was in the General Assembly he was a first class divisive instigator. But since being elected as the Comptroller he has taken a more pragmatic view of politics and I think he's done an okay job.

In an email that I received this week, Franchot's spokesperson said:

Tuesday's elections in Pennsylvania and across the country confirmed what we already knew: 2010 will be an extremely difficult election year for incumbents. Two Republicans have already declared their candidacy for Comptroller, and more will likely follow. It is more important than ever for the people of Maryland to have a strong, independent advocate for fiscal responsibility overseeing the State's finances.
As you can see, despite being in a relatively comfortable situation by being a liberal Democrat in Maryland, incumbents are scared. And they should be. Incumbents should always be scared. We should not have the 90% re-election rate of incumbents. Every day we see examples of the destructive abuse of power. Term limitations I tell you!

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites