Thursday, July 31, 2008

Look Who I Met Or Look Who Met Me

I was at the Orioles game last Friday, you know, the one where they lost, yeah that one. I was walking to my section where I hear this voice yelling, "Eludius! Eludius! Mr. Eludius!"

I turn my head and I see this man walking toward me. He asks, "Are you the famous blogger, Eludius?"

"Indeed I am" I tell the man. He then pulls out his camera and asks if he can get his picture with me. I said sure. Then I realized that is was Democratic Congressman Elijah Cummings (D-7).



Now, always wanting to be fair and balanced, I agreed to the photo opportunity. Unfortunately, he ran off before I got to ask him a couple questions, such as:

1) if Democrats outnumber Republicans 2:1 in Maryland (that's 33% Republican), why is it that only 12% of Congressmen are Republican? Would it be because of the illegal Gerrymandering of District 2, District 3, and District 4 ?

2) You mentioned that Federal aid to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina was delayed because of racism in the Republican party, despite the government never having rescued any area after a hurricane. Do you stand by this statement? Do you think that Republicans in your district are racists?

3) Why did you vote against making it a crime to kill an unborn fetus while committing another crime? Is it okay to kill an unborn child if you beat up the mother for her wallet?

4) Despite proof that babies can feel pain at this point in their life, why did you vote against the ban on partial birth abortion which allows doctors to rip a baby to shreds?

Unfortunately, my questions will go unanswered. I must say though, that Congressman Cummings was very polite.

1 comment:

s_baghaii said...

I live in District 3, and I agree with your remark about that.

I also lived near New Orleans and think it is a tragedy that the federal government relied on its screwed up bureaucracy to handle a disaster of that magnitude. When you notice that local government is not working, you don't ask the morons to fax you some forms in triplicate. Truth is that Walmart was a better first responder than the government.

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites