Thursday, April 03, 2008

Big McAfee Attack

Starting on Monday my computer starting acting really weird. I have several user accounts on my computer - 1 for each of my kids, my wife, myself, and an ADMIN account. Each has different settings, e.g. Parental Controls, downloading abilities, etc...

On Monday, I was continuing some research on, ahh....the evolution of themes in adult content on the Internet. Interestingly, as I did my continuing research, I found that certain images were replaced with the McAfee logo. I had not changed my settings. However, I do have McAfee set to update automatically.

I did some investigation on the Internet and did find that a profile setting was applied that defaulted to all users being considered a "young child". Other options were older child, preteen, young teenager, older teenage, and adult. Of course, it was necessary for me to reset my profile to adult so that I could conduct proper research.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites