Saturday, February 07, 2015

Historic Eldersburg House to Be Demolished?

This caught my eye this week.  This house at the corner of Hemlock and Liberty Road has a sign that says "Coming Soon, Office Condos" and shows an image of a new ubiquitous office building.  Is this true?

The building pictured below was built in 1900, meaning that it's 115 years hold.  That's historic in my mind.  If I put two and two together, the house will be demolished and replaced with the giant cookie cutter obtrusive one-story office building as seen in the second picture.  That would be the same fate as the buildings that were next to it that were torn down to make way for the Carroll Station.  I'm not sure how old those houses were.  But I'm sure they were older than me.

Let's hope that this is all a misunderstanding.



No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites