Sunday, October 20, 2013

Carrolltown Center K-Mart - Demolish Half Complete

I found an excuse to go to the library again today.  My daughter needed to print something for school.  My printer is out of ink, so I could spend $38 to get new ink OR go to the library and print out the pages for 60 cents.

Hard to believe this was a K-Mart.  The demolition seems to be nearly half done.  I would imagine in a day or two the entire backside of the store will be gone.  The demolition crew has also started working on the office areas in the rear of Carrolltown Center, too.


I hope this means that they are recycling the steel.


The demolition crew seems to be hell-bent on demolition.  They even demolished the stop sign!!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just have to give you grief for the comment about recycling "steal"... especially on the same page where you take a stab at the misspelling of "stationery"

Eludius said...

I don't know what you're talking about. I NEVER make mistakes. :-)

Unknown said...

That's okay. I'm sure you were just thinking about baseball.

Karen L said...

It's highly likely that not only the metal, but most of the rubble is being recycled. Demolition debris is heavy. They are going to try to put as little as possible in the landfill!

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites