Thursday, November 01, 2012

Closed in Eldersburg - Epic Health Mart

My wife called the other day to renew one of my daughter's medicines and the phone number went to Wal-Green's.  She was sure she dialed the Epic Health Mart in Eldersburg, but hung up and dialed again, and again she was connected to Wal-Green's.

When someone finally answered she asked what happened to the Epic Health Mart in Carroll Station.  The lady on the line paused then finally said, "It closed."  Something fishy is going on.

I swung by today to check it out first-hand and there is a sign on the door that says that the store is closed and all prescriptions have been transferred to Wal-Green's.

I am really disappointed by this. The pharmacist knew our names, always asked about our kids, and was very responsive to our needs.  I seriously doubt that I will get this same level of response from Wal-Mart, CVS, Rite-Aid, or Wal-Green's.  Perhaps McDougall's, but it seems like they're only open for 40 minutes per day.



1 comment:

Jen said...

I was terribly disappointed about this. We LOVED the healthmart for all the same reasons you did! My husband was there on Monday and not a word was said. The very next day, he went to pick something up and the place was empty and the sign was on the door.

Now this wonderful pharmacist is "on a trial basis" at Walgreens! Hello??? She's fabulous! Go in and tell Walgreens that!!

If I had to guess, she probably couldn't make any money in this ridiculous "if you think it, we can tax it" state. Makes me very sad.

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites