Monday, June 09, 2008

Project 10 Pounds

So today is the 7th day of my goal for June - to lose 10 pounds. Last Monday I weighed 174. Yesterday morning I weighed 169.8. I have been eating tons of fruits and vegetables - enough to cause a slight bump in the food price index. I have been avoiding junk food, much to my chagrin of my palate.

I have eaten a couple pieces of Wockenfuss peanut butter cups, but have avoided the dreaded cookies, Doritos, and ice cream. I have not had any soda in 2 weeks and had no alcohol last week. I have been snacking on grapes, cherries, carrots, nectarines, blueberries, and strawberries. I did, however, learn today that a banana has about 125 calories, mostly from sugar. But I would have to think that's healthier than 125 calories from Ho-Ho's.

And all this "healthy" eating has not come without consequence. I'm always hungry and my grumpiness index has conversely increased. I have lost 4 pounds, but I'm sure I've contributed 20 pounds of carbon monoxide gas to the atmosphere. "Can you go in the other room if you need to do that?" is the common phrase heard around my house. My co-workers haven't said anything, but I'm sure there aware of rumblings.

1 comment:

Charm City Kim said...

You need more protein to curb the hunger pains.

Seriously - do you want snack tips? The Mr has a ton. Try eating the banana or apple with some peanut butter. Or try eating carrots with hummus.

It helps although I generally snack out of boredom.

But good for you!

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites