Saturday, January 11, 2014

Doug Howard Campaign Kick-Off

Several weeks old, but....

I had the opportunity to attend Doug Howard's campaign kick-off for Carroll County Commissioner back in December.  I've known Doug for about 10 years as he was active in the Carrolltowne United.  Anyone remember that group?  Doug's a good guy.  I brought my camera, but forgot to reload the rechargeble battery, so basically I had a $700 paper weight wrapped around my neck.  Therefore, I had to use my iPhone for pictures. Fortunately, some other guests shared their photos with me.


I didn't know what to expect at this event.  It was held at the Cre-A-TV in the former London Fog warehouse in Eldersburg, which is a really interesting place, Cre-A-TV that is.  Check out their website.  Battle of the Bands is coming!  Anyway, I have never been to a political kick-off.  In fact, I don't think I've ever been to any political event, if you can believe that.

Doug said this would be his last run for County Commissioner, which pleases me as you know that I don't like politicians who sit comfortably for life.  I sincerely believe there needs to be term limitations.  Are you listening Barbara Mikulski, Ben Cardin, and Steny Hoyer, et al?

Much to my surprise, there were some special guests there.  Delegate Gail Bates, who is running for Allan Kittleman's State Senate seat sat behind me.  Allan Kittleman is running to replace Centennial High School doofus Ken Ulman (the guy who's got his head up Martin O'Malley's ass), who is running with New Yorker Anthony Brown (who also has his head up Martin O'Malley's ass - must be a big ass!) for lieutenant governor and governor, respectively.

Also in attendance was Harford County Executive and Republican candidate for governor David Craig.  He was a lot shorter than I expected.  This is not a good thing as everyone knows you have to be tall to be a successful political candidate.  Taller people are smarter, right?


The kick-off included speeches by the local politicians and special guests active in the community.  Doug's son was the master of ceremony and he did an excellent job.  If he doesn't find a role for himself in politics, I suspect he'll be a successful public speaker elsewhere.  Oh, and did I mention that there was food?  Did I ever mention that I like food?

There were a bunch of other local political people, but since it's been a month and a half, I can't remember who they are anymore.  If you read this blog, feel free to help identify this fine looking group of people.  Obviously that's Mrs. Bates on the far right.  Doug Howard is the 4th from the left and David Craig is to the right of him.  Never Mr. Craig is Haven Shoemaker.


No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites