Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Live From Idiocy

I always consider myself a person of average intelligence. Well, maybe leaning a bit toward the genius side, but I know my weaknesses.

One of my pet peeves is what reporters and DJ's say on T.V. and radio, respectively. You would think that because you are facing the public you would have to be slightly more educated so that you don't look like a donkey to the viewers and embarrass your employer. This, unfortunately, does not seem to be the case.

This morning I heard two dolts. First, on Channel 11 this morning, a reporter was telling the story of how Baltimore is opening a museum dedicated to one of the baseball Negro Leagues. This caught my attention. Some of the best players in the history of baseball played in the Negro leagues. The reporter talks of one of the former players who played for the Elite Giants. Sounds innocuous enough, right? Except that she pronounced it eee-light Giants. E-Light? La Idiota.

Then on Jack FM this morning, the DJ was talking about the snow and its effect on school closings. He said that all of the schools in the Baltimore area are closed except Harford County and they have to go to school today. Harford County was already scheduled to be off. I don't expect Jack to know that Harford County Schools were already closed, but since the information was so inconsistent compared the other schools, why would you say that? Pequeño Idiota.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites