Friday, November 03, 2006

Ben Cardin Who???

Cardin Gaffe

Asked about the Patriot Act, Ben Cardin recently said something to the effect that the act did not concern him because it was enacted before he ever came into office. I envision the conversation something like this (and use your best Hanna-Barbara dumb-guy character voice):

Reporter: How do you feel about the Patriot Act? (this is a typical report question. They want to know about feelings rather than facts)

Ben: D-oy, the Patriot Act doesn't concern me, 'cuz I wasn't in Congress yet.

Reporter: Mr. Cardin, you've been in office for 28 years.

Ben: D-ya. What's yer point?

Reporter: The Act was passed in 2001 and further provisions were reaffirmed in 2005 and you actually voted to fund the war.

Ben: Ayee, what?

Reporter: And you voted against taking action in the first Gulf War when Saddam Huessein attacked Kuwait. Then you voted against a Republican plan to start withdrawing troops from Iraq, despite that being one of your platforms.

Ben: Hey - dat's not fair. Stop using my voting record to make me look stupid!

Reporter: Can you give us some details about your plan for Maryland's transportation problems? For example, could you comment on the plans for the purple line?

Ben: The purple line? I've heard of that!

Reporter: Can you tell us about it? Where will it be?

Ben: D-oy, I don't know. How am I supposed to know that? Just because Michael Steele knows all the details, hey, wait a minute! Yer still trying to make me look dumb!

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites