Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Brewer Accused of Watering Down Beer

I saw this headline on CNN and before I even clicked on the link, I thought to myself, "Wouldn't be hysterical if it was Budweiser?"

Alas, it is Budweiser.  Do you remember the Miller Lite commercial, "It's raining beer!"?  I think it's ironic that Miller Lite ran this commercial, because I think they're just as guilty of selling what appears to be watered-down beer.  One of my friends loves big brewery lite beer and I cannot help but say, "It's raining beer!" every time he orders one.

So I have to ask, how do can you tell if Budweiser, Miller, or Coors is selling watered down beer?  Can you really tell?

This is at least the second time this year that an alcohol producer has been in the news for watering down their product.  Recently whiskey maker Makers Mark had a plan to dilute the alcohol content of its whiskey in order to meet global demands.  This was promptly and rightly met with world-wide outrage.  We shall now buy wax coated bottles that have watered-down content!


No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites