Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mayflower - What the Heck?

In my travels recently I found this Mayflower moving van parked in the Home Depot parking lot in Eldersburg. This is certainly something you don't see much of in Maryland.

I suspect that the local Mayflower moving companies all went out of business after they moved the Baltimore Colts to Indianapolis. And it serves them right - losing all of their Maryland business. If they were smart they wouldn't have accepted the job. The picture of the Mayflower truck pulling out of the Owings Mills training facility in the middle of the night during a snow storm is one of the most notorious pictures in Baltimore history.

What's funny is that this Mayflower truck has a Raven's logo on it. Yeah, like that's really ever going to entice me to hire them. I will be 80 years old and I will refuse to hire them. As far as I am concerned they are co-conspirators in ripping a part of my childhood away from me in 1984.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites