Sunday, February 27, 2011

Gone From Eldersburg: Athletic House

This place wasn't around too long. They are one of the original tenants of the that new strip mall that includes Carrolltown Liquors and the Eldersburg Health Mart. That strip mall is called Carroll Station II.

I once visited the place to check it out and because my son wanted end-zone cones to play football in the yard. They had the cones and 4 of them were $4. They have a lot of athletic stuff there that you would expect to need to play local rec and high school sports. They sold Liberty and Century High School clothing, which I thought was cool.

The worst part about the place was all of the Steeler's crap they sold. I asked the owner about it and he said he probably sold as much Steeler's crap as Ravens apparel, which is unfortunate.

However, the space is now available through Weichert Realty.



UPDATE

I heard from several readers who had more information than me. The Athletic House closed because of a lease /contract dispute. With a little research, I think the landlord is M&I Properties, LLC. I "think" M&I Properties is owned by Marshall & Ilsley Bank, a Wisconsin Bank.

According to The Athletic House's Facebook page:

Valued Customers: Effective immediately our RETAIL operation has been closed due to an unexpected Tenant/Landlord contract dispute. This literally came out of left field on Thursday via a letter from UPS. Our TEAM SPORTS/SCREEN PRINTING & EMBROIDERY OPERATION continues to run and is NOT effected by this issue. If you h...ave orders currently in the works, they will continue to proceed as normal.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites