Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gone - The Old Bel Air High School

I'm home today from work. I wasn't feeling too well at work this morning. So now I'm sitting here in bed watching The Town with Ben Affleck, going through pictures on my portable hard drive, and writing blog posts. Oh, and playing Mafia Wars on Facebook. These are all things that they won't let us do at American Amalgamated Corrugated Conglomerates of America.

I went to Bel Air High School back in the days. It's been a while, but they tore down the old Bel Air High School and built a new one. I took this picture a few months before they tore it down. Obviously they were not spending any money on the upkeep at this point. It looks like a dump.

It wasn't all that great of a building when I was there. The 2-story building was shaped like a U. And almost without missing a beat the air conditioning only worked on the bottom part of the U building. Guess what was in that part of the building? Administrative offices, teachers' lounge, library, nurse's office, etc. Coincidence? Back in high school we thought not. I bet some kids even did things intentionally to get sent to the principal's office or the nurse's station.


No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites