Monday, January 24, 2011

Gas Man!

My wife and I were emailing each other about what we think the BGE bill will be this month. I guess around $400. It's been pretty darn cold for Maryland lately. It was 8° this morning. I can't remember when it's been that cold.

Anyway, my wife soon responded that the meter-reader lady actually just stopped by to read our meter. What a coincidence. This made me recall a memory from my childhood I grew up in Rosedale, which was basically an extension of Baltimore City - the only difference was which politician was misrepresenting you. Anyway, we lived in a rowhouse. The yard was probably 15 feet wide and 60 feet long. And we all had chain-link fences.

During the summer when we were home from school and the windows were open, we'd always here the guy from BGE walking through the neighborhood. The meters were on the back of the houses, so he would basically traverse the alley. But as he hopped each fence (rather than walking around) he would yell, "Gas-man!!!"

Does anybody else remember that?

1 comment:

MeleahP said...

I don't mean to Frankenstein this post, but I had to comment. I lived in a fowhome in Essex and totally remember GASMAN! Checking out your blog -- looks great!

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites