Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Random Musings

Just a couple of random occurrences that I thought were funny.

Physical Therapy
I'm in physical therapy right now for my neck problem that I had mentioned previously. Today the therapist had me sit in a chair to do my neck exercises. Luckily for me a really nice looking girl was on the table in front of me doing her exercises. Apparently I was doing mine incorrectly because the therapist came over and corrected me. "Keep your head up and focus your eyes on something over there." "Oh, but I am!" I couldn't stop laughing!

Retirement vs. Fantasy Football
With all the market turmoil and yesterday being the last day of the third quarter, I decided to take a look at my retirement statement online. Boy I wish I hadn't. I'm down quite a bit. Now I'm not sure what's doing worse - my fantasy football team or my 401(k).

Ralph Nader
Did you hear this one? The Washington Post announced they were not going to cover Ralph Nader's campaign for President because he has no chance of winning. When informed of this, Nader responded, "Then why are they covering the Nationals?"

VPILF
How about this one? When asked if she was looking forward to the Vice-Presidential debate on Thursday, Republican Sarah Palin responded about Joe Biden, "I'm looking forward to meeting him. I've never met him," she said at a rally here. "I've been hearing about his Senate speeches since I was in, like, the second grade."

And the VPILF acronym? Yes, I lifted that from another blog, but I like it. I'm sure you can figure it out.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites