Sunday, April 03, 2011

New in Eldersburg: Lexie's

Lexie's Frozen Yogurt
1311 Londontown Blvd
Sykesville, MD 21784
(410) 795-6962


After my 6 kilometer practice run this afternoon I had to return a Wii game to Game Stop. My daughter received 2 of them. While there, my daughter and her friend asked if they could get something somewhere. This is getting to be a standard question after we run. "Can we go to Rita's?" "Can we go to Qdoba?" "Can we go to Twin Kiss?"

This time since we were in the Londontowne Square (where the Safeway is), I asked the girls if they wanted to try out Lexie's, some new ice cream type place. Of course they agreed. It was almost a rhetorical question.


When we entered we were nearly assaulted by the super friendly staff asking if we had ever been there before. We admitted we were Lexie virgins. The described how you get a cup and take whatever frozen yogurts you wanted (you can mix as many as you want), then add toppings. They charge by the ounce. I think it was 48¢ per ounce. The toppings are cereals, dried fruits, nuts, marshmallows, chocolate chips, fresh fruits, and more.

For 2 frozen yogurts I paid about $5. Not too bad. The girls really liked it, and that's what matters most. And since we just got done running, I figured it probably wasn't appropriate to get one myself, though I will admit I did get a taste. Yummy. Check them out. They're located next to 5 Guys!


1 comment:

momathree said...

I took my kids to Lexie's tonight as a little reward for wonderful grades. The yogurt was very good and my kids love the idea of choosing their own toppings, but I was so disappointed in the service that it will take a lot for me to go back. The girl was on her cell phone from the minute I walked in, until I left...about 20 minutes. She didn't even put her conversation on hold while I paid. So rude!! There are so many other ice cream places in town, I'm going to take my business where I feel like it actually means something.

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites