Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's Bel Air, Hon.

I occasionally read the blogs linked on WBAL.com. It is my opinion that they are not written very well. They have facts in them, but there is a bit of a restraint on opinion, which there should be when it's written by a journalist. Sort of the opposite of the Sunday morning talk shows where the journalists give you their opinions.

One of the blogs that I read is written by Scott Wykoff, the hyper and overly enthusiastic news reporter. He recently wrote about the costs of recycling. While I found the information about Baltimore County not offering recycling bins interesting, I was very disappointed to read that he said that Belair does not offer recycling bins. I'm not disappointed to read that Belair does not offer recycling bins, but disappointed that he called it Belair. It's Bel Air. Belair Road is a grammatical\spelling error that's existed for years. However, this error in Bawlmer city does not translate to the Harford County town.

I tried to contact Scott Wykoff, but there was no link to an email address and the addresses that I used all bounced back as undeliverable. But then I thought, he probably reads my blog since it's so good.

So Scott, please update your article to read "Bel Air". Thank you!

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites