Thursday, May 07, 2009

Cinco de Mayonaisse

I am a big fan of Facebook. However, I cannot but laugh at my peers who are mostly in their mid-to-late 30's when they say things like, "Can't wait to get drunk tonight!!! Whooooo!" Uh - didn't you get this out of your system in college?

This week Americans (and a few Mexicans) celebrated Cinco de Mayo. For those of you from East Baltimore it is pronounced Sink'-o de my'-oh, not sink'-o de may'-o. One of my high school classmates wrote on his Facebook status, "Having a few shots with my girl to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!!!"

I promplty replied, "Yeah for the Mexican defeat of the invading French forces in the Battle of Puebla!"

I got no response. I suspect no one gets it.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites