Friday, February 13, 2009

Random Happenings

Work is again occupying much of my time, so I just finished my lunch and will squeeze in a quick post about some random funny things that have happened around the house.

Yesterday I get home from work and have this brief interaction with my son:

Eludius: How are you?
Sonius: (in a chipper voice) Hmmm.....not too bad. (and he walks away)

I'm not sure why I found this so hysterical. Maybe because he's 7 and that's not a typical 7 year old response.

After dinner one evening, Sonius passes gas.

Sonius: Wow. That was like 3 or 4 bubbles. Probably big brown bubbles.
Daughtero: That's disgusting. Mommy! Tell him to stop being so gross.
Mommy: (still laughing at Sonius' comment) What's better, one big bubble or a bunch of small bubbles?
Sonius: Um...it depends.

Please help me. Anytime things like this happen at home I suddenly recall some tasks at work that I need to leave and go finish.

I was complaining that I don't get to read as much as I once did. Then it occurred to me, I've read a lot lately. I'm just not giving myself credit. For instance I've read:

Brown Bear, Brown Bear (at least 5 times daily)
The Very Lazy Ladybug (once daily)
Eight Silly Monkeys (once daily)
My First Colors Book (4 times daily)
My First Numbers Book (3 times daily)
The Mitten (2 times daily)
The Very Lonely Firefly (2 times daily)
Ten Little Ladybugs (once daily)

And the best part is how you're told it's time to read. My youngest daughter can't talk yet, so she throws the book at me, then using my foot sort of like a horse stirrup, hoists herself up on the couch. Unfortunately, I can't seem to convince her that she wants to hear Civil War Civilians.

So who says I don't read? I do read. I read a lot! And BTW - Eight Silly Monkeys is the best, especially if you use silly voices and a good rhythm.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites