Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We Love Taxes in Maryland

I gathered some quotes from O'Malley and his Democratic cohorts.

"I have seen the future and I will tax it."

"I never met a tax I didn't like."

Yesterday O'Malley signed the bill approving $1.7 Billion in new taxes (yes, BILLIONS). After signing it, he said, "It was hard to ask people to do more, but it would have been irresponsible to not ask the people of our state to choose to make progress''. It's disappointing that he thinks that raising taxes on the hard working middle class is progress. I guess it just depends on your definition of progress. If progress means "the government needs more money to control your lives and wants to control more", then yes, Maryland definitely made progress on Monday.

As for the slots, our unable Governor said, "We finally settled that most contentious issue of all that had divided us for these last four years by finding the humility to let the people decide." What the hell does that mean? Of course, anyone who didn't go to Baltimore City public schools or wasn't blinded by liberal propaganda taught at Montgomery County Public schools knows that this means that the legislators knew the slots would generate more revenue, but also know that many people in Maryland don't want slots. So if the legislators don't vote on it, then the voters can't hold it against them in the next election. But come on, 'humility'? Our legislators showed humility? Is that why the Democrats were wide-eyed and salivating when they heard how much money the taxes would generate? Because they showed humility???? You'll have to agree that O'Malley is the most condescending politician in recent Maryland history.

Additionally, feeble O'Malley said "This is one of the toughest things I think that you ever have to do in any sort of representative democracy, and that is to tell the people that we work for to tell one another that: 'Yes, we have to sacrifice more and we have to invest more." So the government is telling me that they are investing my money for me? And in investing it in what?

One of his plans is to add hundreds of thousands of children to the state health plan - including children that are already on their parent's insurance plans. Is this responsible? I hope for the middle class' sake, he invests the money more responsibly than he did a few years ago when he "lost" $50-some million playing cards with the Baltimore City public school board.

Finally, O'Malley's pompous cohort Michael Busch was quoted saying, "It puts all the demons behind us that we struggled with for the last six years." All I can say, Mr. Busch, is that if you would quit drinking so much, many of those demons will go away.

I have to go to work now. Gotta pay my taxes. It's for the people.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites