Thursday, November 08, 2007

Cold and Sick

The weather has changed here in Carroll County. The leaves are in full color and falling fast. The wind is whipping around in our urban-sprawl development. Each morning I am greeted with a sheet of frost across my lawn and across the windows of my car.

It's about time to find that ice scraper. I spend about 10 minutes each morning waiting for the forces of Ford engines to generate enough heat to clear my windshield. Call it laziness. My ice scraper is somewhere. It's not in my car. But it's somewhere. One day, I'll remember before 6:45 in the morning to look for it.

So this change in weather has taken its affect on me. I usually get sick some time in the fall. It hit me last week. I started getting a headache and have just felt like blah for several days. Though not enough to keep me from my highly important job.

Yesterday was a different story. I woke up and fell asleep. Did anyone get the tags of that bus that hit me? I slept in until 8am. My son (bless his heart), came upstairs with orange slices and some eggs for me to eat. It was his idea.

After the kids went to school I began to watch movies. And watch movies I did. I started off with National Lampoon's Van Wilder, the Rise of Taj. It was expectantly dumb. I then got caught up in the Crime Doctor series on TCM. I was parts of 2 movies, though there was a nap in there somewhere, so I can't say that I watched the whole thing. My wife watches my niece, so we had to squeeze in Wallace & Grommit. After I put her down for a nap, I watched The Sting II, which I saw years ago. Definitely not as good as the original, but not bad.

I finished the day with watching part of The Blob - the original one with Steve McQueen. However, my wife made me turn it off because she said it was inappropriate for me to watch with the kids. I'm a little confused. How can an obviously fake horror movie from the 1950's be worse than anything she watches on MTV in front of the kids? Every show on MTV is required to say "bitch", "ass", "hell", and "fffckkkk" (with a lame attempt to bleep out the "uh" in the middle.

Anyway, I posted several bios on Wikipedia and did some cleanup on the others. Three cheers for my nerddom!!!

Hopefully, I'll feel better later and I provide an update on Dictator O'Malley's temper tantrum.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites