Monday, May 30, 2011

Evolution of Carrolltown Center Sign

Since I keep my camera with me often, I have the opportunity to take pictures of the deteriorating Carrolltown Mall while I wait at the light of Ridge Road and Liberty Road. Here are 3 pictures of the fabled sign with different stages of disrepair.

This is a picture of the sign after their landscaping upgrade. Note the lovely brown plants and the rotting timbers. The sign also provides a good display of the peeling letters of the Peebles sign.


Here's the sign without the side panel.


Here's a picture with the Big Lots! sign blown-out. When I first saw this I got really excited thinking that Big Lots! had gone out of business. Much to my chagrin, this was not the case. Fortunately, Black Oak Associates placed an orange (brown) cone in front of the sign to warn passer's-by of the dangers of shopping at this mall.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites