Thursday, November 05, 2009

Who's Robbing Eldersburg?

Last Sunday my son and I noticed a helicopter hovering near Liberty Road in Eldersburg, sweeping back and forth in the sky. We assumed that he was trying to find a place to land near an accident. We were totally wrong.

Bucolic Eldersburg has been the victim of Baltimore City-like robberies. About 2 weeks ago someone robbed the Dunkin Donuts at knife-point. The perpetrator had on a baggy sweatshirt and a baseball cap turned backwards and turned to the side somewhat. That certainly sounds like your average Eldersburg resident.

Then last week someone robbed the Subway, nearly across the street from the Dunking Donuts, and also with a knife.

Early this week someone again robbed the Dunkin Donuts.

What the hell is going on? I know times are tough for people, especially if you're unemployed. But if you go around robbing stores someone is eventually going to blow your head off. I mean, this is Carroll County. Unlike Baltimore City, law-abiding citizens in Carroll County are also packing heat. And unlike Baltimore City, I think justice will be swift and permanent. In Bmore, Pat Jessamy prefers to let the criminals roam the streets. I'm just saying....

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites