Friday, January 04, 2008

Obama and Huckabee? Seriously?

All eyes have finally shifted from Iowa and they will return to oblivion for the next 4 years. In the meantime, everyone is trying to digest the results of the caucus.

For the Republicans, Mike Huckabee came out on top. Based on his late surge in the polls, this isn't that much of a surprise. I know that the left-wing media like CNN, ABC, and CBS have been attacking him for being a Christian. We all know this makes him unfit for being President of the United States, regardless of the fact that the previous 43 Presidents were also Christians.

For the Democrats, the candidate who was raised in a Muslim household, Barack Hussein Obama came out on top of Jonathan Edwards and Hillary Clinton. While Clinton kept demanding that he get off of her, Edwards laid there quietly with a heavenly grin on his face.

More surprising for the Democrats is the fact that Hillary finished third. Now this is good news for Americans whether they realize it or not. However, it leaves 20 year-old MTV political activists and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley in shock. Reports from Annapolis state that O'Malley has been sucking on his thumb weeping in a corner all night.

Not surprising was that Uncommitted handily defeated Chris Dodd (Democrat-Connecticut), Mike Gravel (Democrat-Alaska), and Dennis Kucinich (Lunatic-Ohio).

On the Republican side, Romney finished a not too far behind second with 25% of the vote. He was followed by Fred Thompson, John McCain, Ron Paul, Rudy Guiliani, and Duncan Hunter. Yes - Guiliani was defeated by Ron Paul. I think that's awesome!

The next stop, I believe, is Vermont. This is the time every 4 years that people other than skiers and Canadians looking for higher quality medical care come to Vermont. It's very important to the Presidential election to put 2 of the most insignificant states first, though I can't remember why.

5 comments:

CAG Incognito said...

As I was watching CNN last night, I kept checking your blog just knowing you would post something the middle of the night. LOL I enjoy your politically satirical dialogues. Now I’m not nearly as politically savvy as I should be (for my passion is for fashion), but watching the news last night was like watching my favorite soaps at a time when something exceptionally dramatic is about to happen. In addition, it has also propelled me to become more aware and knowledgeable of each candidates’ platform so that when I battle you over the next 11 months we can actually have an intellectual exchange. :-) Even though your political expertise spans across endless bounds, I’m always up for a challenge. LOL

Next stop is actually New Hampshire…Until then…

Eludius said...

Dolt! New Hampshire! You're right! How silly of me. Being corrected by the CAG, this is embarrassing.

Mark Newgent said...

I just came across your blog through Google alerts.

The O'Malley as MTV political activist line is pure gold, and a fairly accurate description of his shallow politics.

Best,

Mark from Red Maryland

bricknhymr said...

The best part was "Dennis Kucinich (Lunatic-Ohio)"... so true.

Kevin Waterman said...

Actually, to be fully accurate, not all 43 presidents have been Christians.

Washington was quite possibly a Deist while Jefferson was most definitely one.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites